Friday 9 June, 6-11pm
Cooktown Events Centre, 3 May Street, Cooktown
Ticketed event – $55 per person
Join us at the Mayor’s Maroon Community Ball to celebrate Queensland Day and the opening of the 2017 Cooktown Discovery Festival.
You are invited to join us for an evening of celebration in a transformed Events Centre as we celebrate the rich heritage of our town by exploring some of our forgotten traditions.
Witness the Cooktown debutante parade and the minuet dancers in a tribute to the federation traditions and then dance the night away to the 1RAR Army Rock Band, The Rising Suns.
Seating is selected at the time of booking your ticket. The only way to guarantee seating with family and friends is to book all seats at the same time on the same booking.
Ticket price includes
– 2 course meal (main and dessert)
– Live entertainment by the Rising Suns, Army Band
– Live performance of 17th Century and Ballroom style dancing
– Presentation of the 2017 Debutantes
– Free shuttle bus between Cooktown and the Events Centre
– Official opening of the 2017 Cooktown Discovery Festival
Dress code: Formal dress (or 17th Century period costume) with a touch of maroon
Age: 15+ event
Cash bar available
This event is proudly supported by the Queensland Government as part of the 2017 Queensland Day Celebrations.