The Guugu Yimithirr people and Cook Shire Council invite you on a voyage of discovery through the events that shaped the history of our nation.
The annual Cooktown Discovery Festival offers visitors to the region the chance to journey across time and continents to explore the stories on which modern Australia was founded.
Ours are the stories before the stories that you think you know.
We extend an open hand to welcome you to our country – an area rich in culture, botany and history. Come and stand on our ancient lands, share our dreamtime stories and understand the roots of reconciliation that are intrinsically linked to our region.
We’re inviting sponsors to climb aboard!
The annual Cooktown Discovery Festival attracts upwards of 1000 visitors to Cooktown and is recognised as one of the pinnacle events for the Cape York region.
The festival has a robust, 6-week marketing plan which will run from April – 15 June 2018 and will make use of a blend of regional and national mixed media platforms including television, radio, print and digital.
Planned advertising includes:
- Long term Billboard on Cairns major highway
- Public Relations — 4 media releases throughout region (incl focus on ABC radio)
- Social media (Facebook) — 3 stream campaign including organic and paid
- Digital — 3 stream digital campaign across News Ltd digital advertising via Newsxtend platform
- Print — 6 x advertising placements and editorial in Tablelands and Cape newspapers
- Radio — extended campaign of produced ads and live reads — Cairns and Tablelands and local Cape Radio
- TV – dual campaign across Channels 9 and 7 in the Cairns market and Imparja and 7 Central in regional Queensland
- TVC placements on Cairns broadcast platforms Channel 9, Channel 7, Channel 10
- Festival Brochure – distributed locally and nationally at major tourism events
- TVC placement on Australian domestic satellite services for regional and national exposure
- Direct Marketing — email newsletter to identified demographic groups
- Community noticeboards — regional event listings, free TV and radio community spots
- Community engagement — community notices, Council Facebook promotion